Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Duct Tape Challenge Day 2

My husband works second shift so are days are kinda weird.  We usually get up around 9:00 or so - sometimes later, sometimes earlier.  He leaves for work at 1:45, which means we have about 5 hours together in the mornings.  He doesn't get home until midnight and usually stays up about 45 minutes to an hour.  He's tired then though & is pretty out of it.  So basically our time together is spent before he goes to work.

Today, being only the second day of my challenge, was pretty easy.  He was very affectionate with me both last night and this morning.  I suffered my first migraine last night and it scared me.  He was worried about me while he was at work & I could tell he wished he could've been here with me.  Both last night and this morning he held me lots and rubbed my head, which always makes me feel better.

Plus, and this is my favorite part, he was talking a lot about wanting me & missing me.  He knew I shouldn't do anything yet until we know if the migraine is gone completely but he was wanting it.  I love that!  When he was leaving this afternoon he was talking about how he hoped I was feeling better tonight or for sure tomorrow morning!

The specific challenge I'm setting for myself today is to literally not mention messing around tonight or tomorrow morning. Once my head is feeling better I'll be sure to let him know that but that is as far as I'll go.  In the past I'd be saying things like "so when will we be together?" or "my head isn't hurting now so I want to be close".  But this time I'm challenging myself to simply say that my head isn't hurting & act available. He'll come to me when he's ready.  And it'll be so much better knowing that it's because he came to me and not because I demanded it.  Challenge has been made.....am I up to it?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment