Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's almost time

Well, tomorrow is the big day.  That is the day that we leave for Indiana and DD's new life.  I'm having a rough time today.  We're crazy busy, which is helping to keep my mind off things somewhat, and it feels like we'll never get everything done.  It is amazing to me all the things that she'll have to take to school with her.  I sure hope it'll all fit in the car, lol!

Throughout the day, I've been thinking back on when she was a little girl.  It feels like just yesterday that my DH was teaching to ride her bike, or I was teaching her to do long division.  Now she is all grown up and headed out into the world.  It's frightening and exciting all at the same time.  I know she is ready and I pray that the transition goes quickly and smoothly.

It's going to be such an exciting change for her.  Up until now I've homeschooled her & she's basically been home with me all the time.  Now she'll have classes to attend, classmates to discuss things with, and professors to rely on.  She's very seriously considering getting a job on campus too.  I think that will be great for her.  It'll give her some spending money & introduce her to even more people.  

I think that DH is very excited about us having an empty nest.  He keeps flirting with me, grabbing me, kissing me, and whispering plans for the future.  It's fun!  I know we're going to have a wonderful time.  I also know that I was crazy to write what I did a few days ago about worrying that we were never going to get back to normal.  We are already there now & it's only going to get more exciting after DD goes to college.  I absolutely LOVE that he's looking forward to having time with me!

Tonight & the next few days are going to be hard though.  As much as I'm looking forward to all the fun DH and I are going to have together, as well as the freedom I'll have to do what I want, I know I'm going to miss DD too.  It's going to be hard...especially on days that DH is at work & the house is empty.  I'm afraid I'll be lonely.  I'm even more afraid that it'll be hard on DD to get used to these changes.  It's hard to imagine that I'll be here & she'll be four hours away needing me when there is nothing I can do.  I guess in a way there are things I can do though.  I can pray, first and foremost, and I can be there for her whenever she needs to talk.

So many big changes are coming and I promise to write my way through the adventure!

Bye,
The New Me

No comments:

Post a Comment