Followers

Follow by Email

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 29, 2011

An Empty Nest Can Be Fun!

I'm finally starting to realize how fun an empty nest can be!!  Don't get me wrong, I still miss DD and can't wait to see her again, but it's fun to have the house & my DH to myself!!  He was off work on Saturday and Sunday and we had an amazing time together.

I'm so thankful that we are so in love after all these years.  It's awesome!  Plus I love that he can't seem to get enough of me.  I was reading over some of my posts and can't believe the one I wrote about us being like all the other couples we know.  That is so far from the truth!  We act like teenagers most the time & I love it!!

Today he is back at work & of course I'm missing him.  When he's not here to distract me it makes me think more about DD being away at college too.  I have a lot of work to do around here, though, so I need to get busy.  It's nice to have the freedom and flexibility to do what I want when I want to do it!

Speaking of work needing to be done, do any of you follow FlyLady?  I used to be on her mailing list years ago but have gotten away from it.  I think I'll check it out today - of course that means I'll end up wasting the day on the laptop, lol!  She has so many great ideas for routines and cleaning schedules.  I hate to admit it but I've never been good about housework.  My husband jokes that it's good he thinks I'm so gorgeous or I would've been fired years ago - lol!

Bye,
The New Me

No comments:

Post a Comment