Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, August 29, 2011

An Empty Nest Can Be Fun!

I'm finally starting to realize how fun an empty nest can be!!  Don't get me wrong, I still miss DD and can't wait to see her again, but it's fun to have the house & my DH to myself!!  He was off work on Saturday and Sunday and we had an amazing time together.

I'm so thankful that we are so in love after all these years.  It's awesome!  Plus I love that he can't seem to get enough of me.  I was reading over some of my posts and can't believe the one I wrote about us being like all the other couples we know.  That is so far from the truth!  We act like teenagers most the time & I love it!!

Today he is back at work & of course I'm missing him.  When he's not here to distract me it makes me think more about DD being away at college too.  I have a lot of work to do around here, though, so I need to get busy.  It's nice to have the freedom and flexibility to do what I want when I want to do it!

Speaking of work needing to be done, do any of you follow FlyLady?  I used to be on her mailing list years ago but have gotten away from it.  I think I'll check it out today - of course that means I'll end up wasting the day on the laptop, lol!  She has so many great ideas for routines and cleaning schedules.  I hate to admit it but I've never been good about housework.  My husband jokes that it's good he thinks I'm so gorgeous or I would've been fired years ago - lol!

Bye,
The New Me

No comments:

Post a Comment