Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Busy time

I am amazed at how busy things are right now.  We had so much shopping to do.  Thankfully, we took two full days and now we're finished!  For now the shopping is done - atleast until we get to the dorm, lol!!  It was fun shopping for new things.  It really makes it real that our only child is leaving for college very soon.  I think she is starting to get excited.  Still nervous, of course, but excited too.  It's going to be a whole new world for her and I think she's anticipating all the opportunities.

I'm having such mixed emotions.  One minute I can't wait for her to go to college and begin my "new" life here.  But then the next minute I'm feeling sad and tearful because I know I'm really going to miss her.  Then the next minute I'm feeling at a loss.  I don't know how else to put it.  I just feel at a loss because the person I've been for the last 18 years - our daughter's mom and teacher - is no longer in existence.  Sure, she'll always need me but not like she has for the last 18 years.  That is a hard pill to swallow sometimes.  But then, before I know it, my emotions have changed again and I'm just super excited at the prospect of having my husband & our home all to myself.  We're going to have a lot of fun!

Of course, for the next week or so, it's going to mainly be about getting things ready for college and spending time with our daughter.  Before I know it we'll be loading the car, driving the four hours, moving her into her new dorm, and saying goodbye.  I want to enjoy every moment I can between now and then!

Bye,
The New Me  

No comments:

Post a Comment