Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sexual Frequency

This is a personal topic but I'd love to hear your answers.  How often do you and your significant other have sex (any type of sexual act...not just intercourse)?  How old are each of you? And how long have you been together?  The reason I ask is because this is a recurring issue in my marriage. I want it all the time.  He wants it a lot but generally not as much as me.  I'm beginning to think my expectations are just way, way, way too high.

As for my marriage, I'm almost 40 and he's 42 1/2.  We've been married 20 years.  We average 6 or 7 times a week.  I'll be honest....I'd like even more than that.  But he's actually feeling like it's too much for him.  I know that part of it is that I'm in my "prime" and he's past his.  I also think part of it is that I am a housewife & don't have a job.  Whereas he works fulltime in a factory.  He's tired, lol!

So, I'd imagine most of your answers will be lower than mine.  It'd be good for me to hear it.  Maybe that will make me quit bugging my hubby so much!  Please leave me a comment!!

Bye,
The New Me

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I have been married for 11 years now, and have three children. We go back and forth from daily to every few days depending on a lot of different factors. I'm 30 and he is 31, but i would say we are fairly equal in the sexual desire department.


    There are times where we are both too tired, or one of us it. Sometimes we are just too stressed too. We both work from home though when he worked outside of the home we had sex less often.


    It is probably, as you stated, the fact that your are in your "prime" and your husband is starting to hit the years where men may dwindle. It doesn't seem like there is a problem though and from his point of view (and i'll admitt mine too) you have a very healthy sex life together.


    Though I'm not trying to be, oh I can't find the word, creepy? That's not it but it's all my brain will come up. Have you considered self satisfying when your husband isn't in the mood? I know it's a personal thing, but just something to consider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that seems like a lot to me, even before kids. My honey is 34 and I am 38 and we have two small children but even with that we probably get in about 2 to 3 times a week. I have a stronger drive than he does. He could go about 5 days without it, me more of a every other day kind of girl. However, that said, I don't want it as much as before kids so these days probably about every 3 is good for me. It depends on a lot, tiredness definitely figures into for me. Sometimes sleep sounds like way more fun that sex. Yes I said it.. LOL.. I know several couple and I don't know that many of them have sex 7 times in a week. To some that would sound heavenly and to others it would not be so much. I think at the end of the day it is what works for you. If your husband is not wanting it as much, step back and let him initiates it and see how often he does so. I am one of those though that does not believe in saying no unless it is a rare occasion, whether I am interested or not and usually I get interested.
    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete