Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Penny Pincher

Authored by Rickey Combs

After going to www.texaselectricityproviders.com, we found some very competitive energy rates for our home. I am all about saving a dollar wherever I can. Growing up my family did not have much. My mother would cook rice for most meals and if we were lucky we would get some meat to go with it about once a week. We heated our house with an old wood burning stove and it was my job to make sure that we had enough wood to keep us warm. You could forget about turning the AC on in the summer as well. It didn’t very hot where we lived, but when it did you just had to grin and bear it. I guess this hardship is what has caused me to be such a penny pincher these days. I love being able to provide for my family, even though they get annoyed with how frugal I am sometimes. Sure my kids won’t drive brand new cars but they will never be able to say that their needs weren’t met.

No comments:

Post a Comment