Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Meeting At The Bus Stop

Thanks for the post from Barney Crosby

Afternoons are my favorite time of day during the week. Monday through Friday at 3 o’clock, I put the leash on our dog Bingo, set my las Vegas adt security and lock the door then head to the bus stop to meet my daughter. I must confess that I was very nervous about her riding the bus home from school because she just started kindergarten this year. Because I work from home I could easily have picked her up every day. However, she insisted that she is a “big girl” going to the “big school” and wanted to ride the bus with the rest of her friends in our neighborhood. It’s so sweet to watch her skip down the bus steps with her back pack on and her lunch box in hand. Her face lights up with a big smile when she finds me and Bingo in the crowd and she runs over to give us a big hug. On the walk home we talk about her day and make our plans for the evening. It’s always the bright spot of my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment